14 August 2006

Huangyangtan - Ominous phone calls

Stephen from the Sydney Morning Herald emailed me and asked if I'd agree to have a chat with him. We spoke earlier today. I have liked his approach to the Huangyangtan news, and in real life he seems like quite a nice guy to boot. We had a rather normal conversation (though the psychologist sitting beside the speaker was perhaps holding up his notepad with "Certified nutjob" scrawled on it for Stephen to see). Afterward I visited the SMH site and saw a new article Stephen had written a few days ago (again, very nice), which ends with a link to where a write-up of our phone call will be found in the near future. In the meantime he invites readers have a look at this blog.

In a way I feel a bit guilty about that mention. If you got to my blog from the SMH, please be sure to check out the Google Earth forum first (add any information or analysis you happen to have about the facility), and any other site which is discussing the Huangyangtan replica. Then come back here, at which point the best place to start is at the very first post in the July archive section. My blog doesn't contain any real information about the finding. It's simply a commentary on the discussions about it.

But to both of my "Stammleser" (devoted readers), please continue to check back here regularily, in particular for more Guppy and Noisy Family news.

1 Comments:

At 16 August, 2006 01:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I found your site through the SMH on the 16/8/06.

Great blog, very interesting.

Its good to read interesting things from around the world like this.

Keep up the good work.

Daniel Hill.
Sydney, Aus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home